July 06, 2010

It's family beaches that I desire


I realized all too late that my new planner starts with August while my old planner ends with June, which makes July 2010 the Lost Month.  One month of can't stand work, one month of going to the mall for hot dogs on sticks and Orange Juliuses and shoelaces and awful video games, one month of falling asleep without brushing our teeth and stale mouths in the morning, one month of unofficial fireworks show flying in the face of safety, one month on the beach one easy bike ride from the new house and legs reaccustomed to biking up hills, one month of near drizzling gray outsides hopefully breaking cracking open with sunlight pouring into the front room, one month of packing this little room up tonight because tomorrow we move into the most beautiful house in the world.

Projecting, one month of hopefully visitors in what I assume is an extra bed, one month reunited with the crazy boys that I will be living with, one month of haircuts once scissors are unearthed from the back of the garage, one month of soccer in the backyard and naps in the tree fort, one month of hot baths and no more lukewarm showers, one month of cooking and eating and laughing and loving, one month of figuring out how to get myself places like feeling so grown up suddenly, one month figuring out the ins and outs of homeleasership.

No comments:

Post a Comment