August 31, 2009

Every place I am, I want to be somewhere else



There are pieces of me scattered all over every home I've ever had and I can't leave anywhere without leaving a part of myself there. And everywhere I go I find myself there, but it's the me of memories of being there--a specific me with a particular life and unique feelings and ideas and beliefs about where and who and what I am. But who I am is always looking towards another place to be, because I want to be a new person not reliving what it was like to once be where I am and I always hope that a shift will occur each time I unpack myself in a new place. Because right now, as much as I love and once loved living carefree and easy in Davis, I just want to be back in Santa Cruz curled up under leaves and flowers and soil trying to root myself in at least one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment